Uganda Day 6 – Good Samaritan School and Kampiriginsa Rehabilitation Center

Meredith and Dave Kroeze

We participated in a variety of different ministry opportunities today. We visited Good Samaritan Boarding School and saw the amazing ways that God is serving children in a different part of the city. There are nearly 2500 students that live there and have all of their basic needs met. In their fully operational kitchen they make over 400kg of Posho (mashed cornmeal) each day. The school is run by “Uncle Alex.” Alex is a pastor who has been involved in planting over 20,000 churches in Uganda, including Saints Gate where we have served and worshipped this past week.

After spending time with some of the older students, we departed for the Kampiriginsa Rehabilitation Center near Kampala. This facility had 230 children (ages 0-17) staying there today, 40 of which were picked up yesterday during New Years Eve celebrations. At any point in time, 40% of the children living there are orphans and have done nothing wrong. They are found alone on the street and are just in need of a bed and some food. The other 60% are victims of a culture where petty theft is a necessity to eat. As you can see from the pictures, the conditions were the worst that we have seen so far. There was black mold all over the walls. The mattresses were covered in mildew. The girls used the corners of their chambers as a bathroom, and there were an abundance of bugs and other creatures living there with them. They did not have enough food, water, or clothes for the kids. They had no medical supplies for even the simplest headache or fever.Roblox HackBigo Live Beans HackYUGIOH DUEL LINKS HACKPokemon Duel HackRoblox HackPixel Gun 3d HackGrowtopia HackClash Royale Hackmy cafe recipes stories hackMobile Legends HackMobile Strike Hack

Kampiriginsa Rehabilitation Center

Kampiriginsa Rehabilitation Center - Intake Wing

Kampiriginsa Rehabilitation Center - Girls Dormitory

There was a 24 hour medical facility across the way that was receiving some form of government funds that had been closed down for a substantial period of time. The director of the juvenile detention facility had no idea where those funds were going and why the nurse had run off. This all came to a head last week when one of the inmates came down with a serious case of malaria. They had no transportation and no funds to get her to a hospital and her condition has significantly worsened. She was so weak that she could barely make it from outside to her mattress to lie down. As a result of this circumstance, we were able to provide $500 for basic first aid and medical supplies.

20150101-mbcl-uganda day 6-2892137

Kampiriginsa Rehabilitation Center - Malaria Stricken Girl

It was not all negative though. Cyrus had the opportunity to share his testimony with the young men living there and 32 of them came forward to accept Jesus as their personal savior. Even in the darkest place we have experienced so far, God is still moving and transforming souls. He has proven to us, over and over, that He is truly mighty to save!

Our day ended with us saying goodbye to the precious babies at the Baby Rescue. These babies have touched each of our lives in so many incredible ways. Take a look at the video below with our team in the background and all of the lives that have hope for a greater future.

Destiny Children's Home

2 Comments

  1. Natalie & Brian Nguyen wrote on January 2, 2015 at 9:55 am

    Thank you all for doing this amazing work! The Lord is tugging at my heart in a big way. Tears seeing our old clothes on those babies. Bless the end of your trip and safe travels.

    • dkroeze wrote on January 2, 2015 at 10:02 am

      Brian and Natalie – I know! It was so cool to go there and see our clothes on all of the precious kiddos. They were so proud of their new clothes and made it a point to come up and show us. Thanks so much for loving these kids and donating your clothes to them. They absolutely needed it.